Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wedding Ceremony

Summer 1988

One day, I went to a wedding ceremony with my American host family in Ashland.  The wedding couple was my host family's friends.  It was the first time I had worn a suit since I had come here.  It was my first experience to go to an American wedding.  After the wedding ceremony had finished, I went to the wedding reception.  This wedding reception really impressed me.  The wedding couple gave the reception in a house which was near a small lake.  The reception was simple and all the food was self-service.  I was so surprised that it was different from Japanese wedding receptions.  It was the first time I ever saw a bride eating a hamburger.  After we had finished eating, we had some games and dancing.  The wedding couple did not care when their wedding dress and suit got dirty.  I felt that this is America.  At an American wedding, we can relax and enjoy it.  At a Japanese wedding ceremony, we will get tired and bored.
   -Yukiko

No comments:

Post a Comment