Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Foolish Man Who Moved the Mountain

Once upon a time, an old man lived in a village.  In front of the village was a mountain.  If he wanted to go to another village or downtown, he had to cross the mountain.  The transportation was very difficult.  So, he decided to move the mountain so that the village people wouldn't have that problem.
   In that village there was another old man.  Everyone called him "Wise Man."  When they heard about this, he laughed at the man who wanted to move the mountain.  And the wise man called him "Foolish Man."  But he said, "Every day, I will destroy the mountain, and move the ground to a convenient place.  One day, I will succeed.  If I can't finish the job, I want my son, my grandson, and my family to help me.  The work won't end until I finish."  Now, everybody laughed at him.  But he didn't feel sad.
   Finally, he finished to job.  Everybody enjoyed the convenience and admired him.  On the other hand, they laughed at the "wise man."
   The story tells us, "Where there is a will, there is a way."  Never mind if you fail, if you can work hard, one day, you will get what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment